Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Rio de Janeiro



Rio de Janerio is everything I expected.  I am surrounded by some of the nicest beaches and nicest people in the world.  Below is my first week´s worth of memories.  I also managed to break my camera.  I must gotten sand in the gear that operates the lens so I will have to suffer by buying a new one here.  I expect to pay twice or thrice the US prices.  I miss the cost of living in Buenos Aires, but I am very happy in my new temporary home.

Jason and I soaking in the views - we went to Cristo Redentor twice, but it was too cloudy to see anything so this is the best elevated view we had all week
View from a Copacabana hotel rooftop slightly overexposed

Prainha - a secluded beach far from Ipanema and Copacabana

The Lagoon behind Ipanema

Ipanema Beach looking toward the Vidigal Favela on the hill

Ipanema Beach looking due South

Futevolie near the 10 post of Ipanema

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The futevolie video is amazing. I've been practicing in the front yard all day.

Briggs313 said...

I didn't know Jason went down to visit u! So funn!! Happy to hear you're back in the states again!! xo