Thursday, April 14, 2011

Beaches of Brasil

I have spent most of my first two weeks in Rio on the beach.  However, I have managed to do my taxes and replace my camera.  Tax preparation was far easier and faster than buying a camera.  I did not itemize and have nothing of interest happen this year from a tax standpoint, so it was an easy one hour long process.  Buying a camera in Brasil does not provide a similar experience.  In a typical electronic store, there are 15 people working the floor, which actually means they stand at the entrance requiring you to turn to the side to slither past them.  After traversing the blockade, you will find a counter with a pitiful selection of cameras.  Of course there are no people manning the counter since they are busy trying to turn away business.  The most interesting part is that the cameras do not have batteries, and it is a shock to the worker that you actually want to turn the camera on before buying it.  You are only allowed one battery at a time, and the time for the person to disappear into a secret battery lair and return is easily ten minutes.  In the third store when my patience was at a minimum, I bought a camera that takes panoramic photos.  This store was even more special since you have to buy the camera.  I will save you my anguish on the price and only share the fruits of my labors (and some dudes in China).
Barra da Tijuca - Rio

Geriba - Buzios

Secluded beach in Arraial do Cabo
 We had to go take a crazy mountain road to get to the secluded beach.  Thank you rental cars.
Centro in Arraial do Cabo


Ferradurinha - Buzios
São Conrado - Rio

Ipanema - Rio


No comments: